Are you looking for a fun and collaborative place to apply and grow your Accounting skills and spread joy? Do you want to work for a company that truly believes in work-life balance (generous paid time off including sick time and hybrid schedule to highlight a few examples!). If this sounds like what you are looking for, we want to talk to you!
Jellycat is a designer of luxury soft toys and children’s gifts, originated in London and sold throughout the world. Jellycat is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the growing North American based finance team located in its newly expanded, collaborative office space in downtown Minneapolis, MN.
Key Roles and responsibilities:
- Perform month end close processes.
- Complete landing costs, customs and duties transactions.
- Prepare Account reconciliations.
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual tax filings in compliance with domestic and Canadian regulations.
- Assist global team in annual financial statement audit.
- Assist external tax team with annual corporate tax preparation.
- Support daily customer service needs of Finance team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate very clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player with the ability to manage multiple priorities and workflow.
- Best-in-class customer service skills are required.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products; intermediate excel skills required.
- Experience with SAP and Dynamics 365 operating systems a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Associates’ or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least one year related experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Our Perks and Benefits:
Discretionary Bonus - All employees are eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on the success of the company.
Medical, Dental, and other Benefits - Jellycat offers medical coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN (along with a generous employer Health Savings Account contribution) and dental coverage through Delta Dental of MN. Jellycat also offers company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance, and the opportunity to elect additional voluntary life insurance.
Safe Harbor Employer Contributions - Upon eligibility, Jellycat contributes 3% to the 401k investment account independent of the employees' elections for individual contributions.
Paid Time Off (PTO) - Jellycat offers up to 30 days of combined vacation and sick time at the start of each calendar year.
Hybrid Working - We value work-life balance highly, therefore we offer hybrid working with Thursdays being an all employees in the office day.
Employee Assistance Program - Committed to the health and wellbeing of all our employees, we offer a comprehensive and confidential support program.
Paid Parking & Other Building Amenities - Full-time parking space is provide and paid for by the company in the TractorWork’s covered ramp attached to the skyway. TractorWork’s offers several amenities for employees including an on site medical clinic and pharmacy, state of the art work out facility at no charge, both Bar La Grassa and Snack Bar are located in the building, Foodsby delivery daily for lunch, and several great coffee shops, lunch spots and walking paths within minutes of our door, and excellent morning coffee served as you walk in the building at no charge.
Regular Social & Team Events - We have a very imaginative and active social committee who meet regularly to put on events that help us mark special occasions and celebrate our successes as a team.