Jellycat is a privately owned design-led, gift brand headquartered in London. We create innovative luxurious products in the soft toy, accessory, baby and book categories that are loved around the world. We have an established and growing global customer base and we work with our partners to maximize the potential and reach of Jellycat throughout, sharing joy as we go!
This role is responsible for the oversight of inventory control and practices, to ensure accurate tracking, valuation, and reporting. The role sits within the finance team and reports into the North American Financial Controller and has a strong degree of interaction with both global and local teams.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Oversee inventory accounting and valuation processes, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting framework. Analyze and report on inventory management within the business and its sales channels.
- Provide assurance on inventory holdings and valuations within the business.
- Provide financial support to reconcile inventory; improving and maintaining the integrity of data related to inventory.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with Production, Sales, Logistics, Merchandising in order to provide timely and reliable inventory reports and insights supported by robust valuations.
- Lead projects to design and implement robust procedures and internal controls over inventory management and valuation.
- Oversee and enhance the processes within the inventory life cycle ensuring that the process is well controlled. Communicate and follow up on opportunities and risks identified.
- Investigate and report on aged, obsolete, or faulty inventory to ensure that they are appropriately costed and accounted for. Build methodology for inventory provision policy.
- Ensure all intercompany inventory transfers are correctly recorded in all ledgers at suitable transfer prices.
- Clear out and audit inventory locations before implementation of new ERP system.
- Support for monthly and year-end financial reporting needs, including audit and tax requirements.
- Partner with our parent company, Jellycat Limited, to review and authorize intercompany invoices relating to inventory.
- Analyze financial implications and recommend actions for inventory by SKU before implementation of new 3rd party warehouse.
- Investigation into ad hoc inventory movements.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Accounting required.
- CPA a plus.
- Minimum 2+ years in inventory accounting required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft D365 a plus.
- Process improvement experience preferred.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills required.
- Resourceful and solution focused; utilizes tools and data available to solve problems.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with experience of working with large data sets.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Our Perks and Benefits:
- Discretionary Bonus - All employees are eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on the success of the company.
- Medical, Dental, and other Benefits - Jellycat offers medical coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN (along with a generous employer Health Savings Account contribution) and dental coverage through Delta Dental of MN. Jellycat also offers company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance, and the opportunity to elect additional voluntary life insurance.
- Safe Harbor Employer Contributions - Upon eligibility, Jellycat contributes 3% to the 401k investment account independent of the employees' elections for individual contributions.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - Jellycat offers up to 30 days of combined vacation and sick time at the start of each calendar year.
- Hybrid Working - We value work-life balance highly, therefore we offer hybrid working with Thursdays being an all employees in the office day.
- Employee Assistance Program - Committed to the health and wellbeing of all our employees, we offer a comprehensive and confidential support program.
- Paid Parking & Other Building Amenities - Full-time parking space is provide and paid for by the company in the TractorWork’s covered ramp attached to the skyway. TractorWork’s offers several amenities for employees including an on site medical clinic and pharmacy, state of the art work out facility at no charge, both Bar La Grassa and Snack Bar are located in the building, Foodsby delivery daily for lunch, and several great coffee shops, lunch spots and walking paths within minutes of our door, and excellent morning coffee served as you walk in the building at no charge.
- Regular Social & Team Events - We have a very imaginative and active social committee who meet regularly to put on events that help us mark special occasions and celebrate our successes as a team.