Jellycat is a privately owned design-led, gift brand headquartered in London. We create innovative luxurious products in the soft toy, accessory, baby and book categories that are loved around the world. We have an established and growing global customer base and we work with our partners to maximize the potential and reach of Jellycat throughout, sharing joy as we go!
We're dedicated to delivering top-notch products and creating a seamless online shopping experience. As we continue to expand, we need a Front End Developer who can help us finalize the migration of our website to BigCommerce and then own the front-end experience and roadmap moving forward.
Are you a passionate and experienced Front End Developer with a strong background in BigCommerce? Do you have a knack for creating visually stunning and user-friendly eCommerce websites? If so, Jellycat Inc. is looking for you to join our team in Minneapolis, Minnesota!
As a Front End Developer at Jellycat, you will play a crucial role in developing, optimizing, and maintaining our online storefronts. You will work in a dynamic and collaborative environment with the global eCommerce team on a variety of projects, delivering front-end development aligned with the business roadmap and UX best practices. This is a hybrid remote position, with weekly time required at our beautiful Minneapolis office.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the eCommerce and Creative teams to create visually appealing and responsive eCommerce websites.
- Deliver front-end developments on Jellycat.com aligned with roadmap expectations on time, with quality, and to specification.
- Assist with any 3rd party projects that may affect the user journey of the website.
- Analyze page performance and create online journeys to optimize user experience with the aim of increasing conversion/engagement-based metrics.
- Optimize the structure and layout of Jellycat web pages, ensuring all website pages align with Jellycat brand guidelines. Improving the quality of pages by auditing against performance, accessibility, SEO, and best practices.
- Pixels & tagging: Administer adding, debugging, and deploying web analytics and marketing tags to enable third-party tracking, analysis and reporting.
- Assist with finalizing our migration project to BigCommerce, working with our eCommerce team to ensure the frontend experience is at the highest level possible at launch.
- Develop and deliver new features or feature enhancements on the websites.
- Optimize website performance for speed, accessibility, and usability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve front-end issues and bugs.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest web development trends and best practices.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 3 years of proven experience as a Front End Developer.
- BigCommerce experience is required.
- Strong understanding of responsive design principles.
- Familiarity with web accessibility and SEO best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize workload appropriately.
Our Perks and Benefits:
- Discretionary Bonus - All employees are eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on the success of the company.
- Medical, Dental, and other Benefits - Jellycat offers medical coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN (along with a generous employer Health Savings Account contribution) and dental coverage through Delta Dental of MN. Jellycat also offers company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Basic Life Insurance, and the opportunity to elect additional voluntary life insurance.
- Safe Harbor Employer Contributions - Upon eligibility, Jellycat contributes 3% to the 401k investment account independent of the employees' elections for individual contributions.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - Jellycat offers up to 30 days of combined vacation and sick time at the start of each calendar year.
- Hybrid Working - We value work-life balance highly, therefore we offer hybrid working with Thursdays being an all employees in the office day.
- Employee Assistance Program - Committed to the health and wellbeing of all our employees, we offer a comprehensive and confidential support program.
- Paid Parking & Other Building Amenities - Full-time parking space is provide and paid for by the company in the TractorWork’s covered ramp attached to the skyway. TractorWork’s offers several amenities for employees including an on site medical clinic and pharmacy, state of the art work out facility at no charge, both Bar La Grassa and Snack Bar are located in the building, Foodsby delivery daily for lunch, and several great coffee shops, lunch spots and walking paths within minutes of our door, and excellent morning coffee served as you walk in the building at no charge.
- Regular Social & Team Events - We have a very imaginative and active social committee who meet regularly to put on events that help us mark special occasions and celebrate our successes as a team.