We have an exciting new opportunity for a 2D Graphic Design Technical Lead to come in and support our growing Brand & Activation Team at Jellycat!
Creating original and innovative luxury soft toys, Jellycat combines luxurious fabrics with quirky and cute designs and sells its products online and via stockists throughout the US, UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
The 2D Graphic Design Technical Lead sits within the Brand & Activation Team, reporting directly to the Global Head of Department. They will be naturally creative and innovative, and be be able to translate ideas into successful projects to ensure projects are delivered on time and within the Jellycat brand guidelines.
They will have an empowering and collaborative leadership style and be capable of supervising and developing less experienced designers. Key in driving continuous improvements and optimising efficiencies in the design process, the role holder will have a real impact in the continued success of the business.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Creating innovative ideas and 2D graphic design on brand concepts for the graphic design of logos, packaging graphics, print / digital assets for sales/ marketing documents.
- Working collaboratively as part of cross-functional teams on the development of complex 2D design brand concepts and projects and being a key point of contact for internal customers.
- Responsible for the overall quality of projects and ensuring they meet Jellycat brand guidelines.
- The creation of packaging; creating and working with cutter guides, setting up final artwork for print, checking proofs and signing off for production print.
- End to end project management, keeping projects on track from proposal to delivery.
- Presenting your work to senior stakeholders.
- Supervision and direction of more junior members of the team.
- Working closely with external manufacturers and production partners globally.
- Communicating out of scope or amendments to deliverables.
Required knowledge and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years' previous experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in 2D Graphic design with the ability to visualise in 2D and 3D.
- Highly competent in Adobe creative suite at expert level (particularly Illustrator and Photoshop) – 3D software would be a plus.
- Able to produce highly creative on brand concepts for graphic design, whether it is a new logo, packaging graphic, print design, digital asset or marketing device.
- Very detail focused and a keen eye for technical artwork set up, you sweat the small stuff.
- Strong project management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver projects within budget and on time.
- Ideally experienced working with other premium or luxury brands.
- Strong typography, layout and grid skills.
- Able to photo retouch and create vector artwork to a high level.
- Accustomed to working collaboratively as part of cross-functional teams.
- Focussed with the ability to ‘cut through the noise’, prioritise and make sound and rapid commercial decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience supporting less experienced designers.
- A true team player who is flexible, personable, positive and is motivated be being part of a high performing team.
Does this sound like you? We want to hear from you! If you want to be apart of the Jellycat family please APPLY NOW.
Jellycat welcomes applications from all sections of the community as long as you have attained and can provide evidence for full working rights in the UK.