We have an exciting new opportunity for a 3D Design Technical Lead to come in and support our growing Brand & Activation Team at Jellycat!
Creating original and innovative luxury soft toys, Jellycat combines luxurious fabrics with quirky and cute designs and sells its products online and via stockists throughout the US, UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
The 3D Design Technical Lead sits within the Brand & Activation Team, reporting directly to the Global Head of Department. They will be naturally creative and innovative, and be be able to translate ideas into successful projects to ensure projects are delivered on time and within the Jellycat brand guidelines.
They will have an empowering and collaborative leadership style and be capable of supervising and developing less experienced designers. Key in driving continuous improvements and optimising efficiencies in the design process, the role holder will have a real impact in the continued success of the business.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Creating innovative ideas and 3D design of POS, merchandise, components, mouldings, in store executions, activations, retail fixtures, or 3D visuals for presentations/sales documents.
- Working collaboratively as part of cross-functional teams on the development of complex 3D design brand concepts and projects and being a key point of contact for internal customers.
- Responsible for the overall quality of projects and ensuring they meet Jellycat brand guidelines.
- End to end project management, keeping projects on track from proposal to delivery.
- Presenting your work to senior stakeholders.
- Supervision and direction of more junior members of the team.
- Working closely with external manufacturers and production partners globally.
- Communicating out of scope or amendments to deliverables
Required knowledge and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years' previous experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in 3D design, with Graphic Design as a support.
- A high competency / expert level in an industry standard 3D software – either blender, sketch up, Rhino, 3D studio max, is essential.
- Fully competent in Adobe creative suite, in particular Illustrator and photoshop to an expert level.
- Very detail focused and a keen eye for technical set up, you sweat the small stuff.
- Strong project management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver projects within budget and on time.
- Ideally experienced working with other premium or luxury brands.
- Must be able to create complex 3D renders, using compound curves for example, and to a realistic style.
- An understanding and consideration of the practicalities of design.
- Character creation would be a plus but not essential.
- Able to read technical and engineering drawings, and sign off on approvals where required.
- An understanding of the practicalities of production processes as well as material properties.
- Accustomed to working collaboratively
- Focussed with the ability to ‘cut through the noise’, prioritise and make sound and rapid commercial decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience supporting less experienced designers.
- A true team player who is flexible, personable, positive and is motivated be being part of a high performing team.
Does this sound like you? We want to hear from you! If you want to be apart of the Jellycat family please APPLY NOW.
Jellycat welcomes applications from all sections of the community as long as you have attained and can provide evidence for full working rights in the UK.